- techtick provides information, and this website, as a free of charge information service. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any organisations, products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements. You use of any information or materials on this website entirely at your own risk. Organisations appearing on the website are independent businesses and techtick does not accept any liability for those third party organisations or members who may feature as part of this free information service.
- The ‘approved’ status of a member indicates that we have undertaken our ‘approval process’ as outlined on the website and does not indicate that we endorse the products or services of an organisation, or of one organisation over another.
- Whilst we endeavor to provide accurate information neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee, or accept liability as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited without the written consent of a director of techtick.
- This website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse these websites or those organisations. We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England.
The Terms & Conditions relating to Members & Listed Suppliers’ applications & contracts is provided during the application process.
techtick is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then we will only use it in accordance with this privacy statement.
techtick may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from Sept 2017.
WHAT WE COLLECT
In order to provide you with timely & relevant information we may collect the following information:
- Name, employment details & industry and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences, employment and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- website usage data
- other information relevant to user enquiries
- the personal & organisational details gathered during an application for membership or listing
- organisation marketing information if applying for membership
WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE GATHER
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- Invite you to connect with us on social media.
- To contact you in response to a specific enquiry or feedback
- Only where specifically requested by you under the ‘Request for Info/Quote service’, to provide your contaxt details to a limited number of member organisations to contact you in response to your specific request and enquiry.
- We may periodically send information & promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the contact address, including the email address which you have provided.
- Where you have chosen to connect with us on social media or via a newsletter sign up then we will periodically send information, by email, mail or social media that we believe is relevant to your interests and your request for further information.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, or mail.
- We may use the information to customise the website and our communication according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We work with all data in line with the Data Protection Act 1998
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
With the exception of you initiating member feedback, a supplier recommendation or a Request for Quote then we will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we are required by law to do so. We will only provide your details to a third party in order to validate and research your feedback or request. techtick may on occasion contact you directly in response to your communication to validate your feedback and request further information.
If you subscribe to our newsletters or connect over social media then we may occasionally include information on third parties as part of our communications.
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Do not subscribe to receive newsletters or connect with us on social media.
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by emailing us at email@example.com